Friday, September 21, 2007

Quote of the Day

We have felt a lot less emphasis on "what we're going to do in life" and a lot greater desire to be the man/woman, father/mother, husband/wife that God desires us to be


This was a comment on a blog I was reading. I copied it to my personal journal, but forgot to note who wrote it and where I found it. I've thought about what I'm going to do with my life since 7th grade. Recent changes in my life have brought this question to the front once again. The wisdom in these words spoke directly to me and reinforced what God has been trying to get me to understand these past few years. Simple Be. Being is more important than believing, knowing or doing. What we are is more important than our accomplishments. Our accomplishments will pass away, but what we are is eternal.

No comments: