Friday, December 08, 2006

First Post

For the past couple years my wife and I have been on an incredible journey. We've certainly not arrived at the end of that journey - only gone far enough to recognize that it is in fact a journey.

To be honest I'm not even sure I want to write about it. I'm no longer anxious to be understood. In fact, I'm not sure I can be understood by someone who isn't on the same journey. I no longer feel a need to vent or recieve confirmation. I've come to see that the only approval I really need comes from God, and that my anger and need for approval and understanding existed because I failed to see his hand guiding my life during this uncomfortable time.

This is a spiritual journey, but not in the sense of some super-spiritual experience or heavenly vision. Its an awakening, an uncomfortable and gradual process of seeing things as they are, and not as I've always known them to be.

No comments: